So Many Firsts…

It has been quite a week or so for Little O. Lots of changes, lots of new things. In fairness, when you’ve been alive just one month lots of things are new. His experiences are limited.

The Parakeet needed to get back to work. She asked her return date be delayed from the 15th to the 22nd, and no one at work minded.  So..phew. She and O were not ready.  Then, the world melted. Well, the Wall Street world anyway.  She got a text on Wednesday morning “I need you to come in ASAP. Thursday would be good.”

Begack! No, no…There is no baby sitter. The Keet is still in Maternity clothes.  The baby can’t take a bottle. Ack! Ack! Ack!

She calmly called the boss and said, “Explain to me what you need.” He did. “OK. I will do that from home”. And she did.

She worked from home Wednesday through Friday, and as luck would have it both Saturday and Sunday.  Well, are you watching the news? The proverbial shit has hit the fan on Wall Street – it shouldn’t be a surprise that even our little bird in Chicago is feeling the effects.

Sometimes she had a baby on her boob while updating a spreadsheet and other times he was fussing in her lap. The best times he was asleep, and the second best times he was being cuddled by the Huz.  Either way, the work got done. She survived. Little O survived.

But Monday, oh Monday was new anxiety. She would have to leave Little O for hours.  He had been taking one bottle a day from the Huz for maybe 4 days. Each one a little easier but still tricky, and the breasts were always around just in case…they wouldn’t be on Monday.  Little O also had been giving the Keet a real run for her money in the sleep department. On Friday night, he never made it more than two hours leaving the Bird to pull her feathers out on Saturday until the Huz intervened and made her sleep. He walked the baby outside for an hour – an hour where, thank god, he slept. So the Parakeet lived in fear of Monday morning, fear she woudl come home to an unfed, overstimulated, over tired Little O.

Well….it was fine. The Keet left with the Huz holding Little O who he got to sleep just as the babysitter arrived.  He then slept for two and a half hours, woke up took his bottle, and was back asleep within two hours and still sleeping when the Keet got home. God Bless it! All anxieties for naught. Oh, except the clothing – the Parakeet wore maternity pants to work, but we can’t win them all, now can we?

First time sleeping in the swing – he made it half an hour.  On the one month Birthday, looking pretty darn cute courtesy of Erin. Thanks for the outfit!!

Little O just hanging out in clothes that coordinate with his nursery.  This doesn’t happen every day, but when it does it sure can be documented.  This happy moment was followed by a long walk outside in the beautiful September sun.


3 responses to “So Many Firsts…

  1. Wow! You are amazing! I can’t believe a month has gone by, and the economic crisis, geesh! I think you are doing a wonderful job with everything and Owen looks great–is that red hair I see?? Too cute! Can’t wait to see you on Saturday!

  2. he is a little chunk!

  3. he looks great! Sara it seems like things are going with your characteristic ease.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s